One thing that makes our minds and bodies feel balanced is to make sure we allocate time each morning to set the tone for our day. Every morning is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile and enjoy what the day will bring. We invite you to follow some of these morning rituals from NIZUC in the comfort of your home to enrich the mind and nourish the soul.
Mindful breathing for one minute
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. Mindful breathing is used as a therapeutic technique.
Follow this mindfulness morning ritual to start your day with a sense of gratitude and joy:
- Sit down, bring your hands to heart, and close your eyes and mouth. Breathe in through your nose only
- Lower your eyes and notice where you feel your breath most distinctly. Focus on your breath.
- When your mind wanders, as it will do, just bring your attention back to your breath. You might like to say ‘thinking’ when you notice your thoughts and just gently shepherd your attention back to your breath.
- Clean your mind and connect in the deepest of your soul and spirit. Breathe from your 3rd chakra – your navel point, the center of your senses.
- Stretch your back and shoulders down and bring your chin slightly to your chest.
- Inhale and expand your navel out, exhale and contract your navel to your spinal cord.
- Stay focused on the sound of your breath and notice your mind and body moving towards a state of balance.